Burnley rested various players for their FA Cup replay against Sunderland which they won, after a 0-0 away draw (what else?) and these players will return. Physioroom shows Arfield and Gudmundsson having late fitness tests but commentary elsewhere suggests Scott Arfield still have his hamstring problem.
The papers insist that Burnley will play 4-4-2, but in reality it is 5-5-0.
So our team…
Bellerín Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Alexis Ozil Iwobi
Ospina, Gabriel, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Pérez, Welbeck, Gibbs, Coquelin
which when you come to look at it is not only a very experienced set of back up players, but also covers all aspects of the team.
And that is just about that. Time to fly. Well, get in the car.
Arsenal v Burnley
- Arsenal v Burnley: Cheating Ladbrokes, injury news, tactical preview and Arsenal in crisis.
- Arsenal v Burnley Sunday 22 January 2017 – The Match Officials, and news of a promotion
- Arsenal v Burnley: the background stats, Burnley in season 1, and goalscorers in double figures.
- Arsenal and Burnley, the early early news
- Referee Appointments and Results Matchweek #15 complete with video evidence
- If TV football audiences really are in terminal decline, as the figures suggest, then what?
- Referee Appointments and Results Matchweek 15 – The bullet points
- Why are statistics such a problem in football? After all, the facts are out there.
From the History Society
- Arsenal players 1936/7, Arsenal crowds in the 30s, and comparisons with earlier years
- April / May 1937: Arsenal slip back and Man City triumph – for the moment
- The Index of articles about Arsenal players throughout history: A to KL to Z
The picture above is of The Untold Arsenal Banner is on permanent display inside the Emirates Stadium