Birmingham City FC, the club whose player took Eduardo out of football for at least nine months has been raided by the police.
After the attack on Eduardo there was a strong attempt to have a FIFA investigation into the tackle and the club, with the hope of long-term action being taken. In the end FIFA backed down. But since then in another set of activity the police have been snooping around Birmingham,
Now comes the news that the co-owner David Sullivan and the managing director, Karren Brady, have been arrested by the police and held for questioning following allegations of conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.
Eventually the couple were released on bail, but the investigation continues.
- Everton v Arsenal: a happy video, line-up and what the league table will look like after
- Everton v Arsenal: Injuries, points needed for 4th, and Arsenal the first to 100?
- Everton v Arsenal: extraordinary figures seen in the last 6 games table
- Everton v Arsenal: how this referee treats the home and away team
- Everton v Arsenal and the oddity of referee behaviour