The Ref Review 2012
Untold Arsenal has a team of qualified referees who have reviewed more than 40% of the EPL games from last season. The reviews themselves were based on full match video footage with the advantage of video technology features such as slow motion and pause.
By reviewing those 155 games we have made a database of more than 7000 decisions that have been judged by our panel of dedicated and qualified referees.
Ref Review: the ultimate conclusion – what to do next?
We present the referee bias tables for last season
- REF REVIEW 2012: Blatant Bias, incompetence, imbalance, inaccuracy, poor selection policy
- The Untold Award for the Best Referee of 2012
- Ref Review – the competency tables. The most competent ref for last season
- Looking for an explanation for Mike Dean
- You simply will not believe our review of Phil Dowd, referee
- Ref Review Michael Jones. Double the normal away bias.
- Ref Review: Martin Atkinson. Not good if you are Everton.
- REF REVIEW 2012: Andre Marriner – competent but liable to the occasional bad day
- Mark Halsey, simply not good enough
- Lee Probert, a total anti-Arsenal ref
Ref Review, Chris Foy. Oh my!
- Ref Review: Michael Oliver; excellent but an occasional bias
- We need two refs and two extra linesman – plus technology
- The referee review you simply won’t believe
- Ref Review: Kevin Friend
- Ref Review 2012: Lee Mason. Oh dear oh dear oh dear
- Ref Reviews: something very strange going on with Mr Taylor
- Ref Review: Stuart Atwell
- Ref Review for 2011/12 – Neil Swarbrick
- 2012 – Ref by Ref – Jonathan Moss
- Referees – where the bias really is (and it doesn’t even out)
- Only 1 in 5 red cards was correctly given last season
The Competence of the refs, part 2
Measuring the competence of the referees
- Are we biased because Arsenal figures are included in the ref analyses
- Ref bias: Looking for an independent second sources to confirm our findings
- So who is benefiting from all the strange referee decisions
- How Arsenal survived in the Premier League last season
- Ref Reviews, Team by Team:
- The worst bias of them all: Arsenal
- Ref bias in the Premier League: Manchester City
- Ref bias in the Premier League: Manchester United
- Chelsea – the biggest negative bias ever seen from one ref
- Ref Review – Tottenham Hotspur. When it really mattered some refs turned.
- Ref Review – Liverpool. Only half the penalty decisions were correct
- Ref Review: Newcastle Utd – if only every game could be at home
- Ref Reviews: Sunderland. Warning – beware Taylor and Dean
- Ref Review: Everton – some refs like them, some don’t
- Ref Review 2012: Norwich City – close to average
- Ref Review: Fulham. Unacceptable Refereeing
- Ref Review: Bolton Wanderers – a team with a positive away bias.
- Blackburn and the refs. It wasn’t really the refs fault.
- Ref Review: some bad ref decisions for Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Ref Review: Wigan Athletic – a decent display
- Aston Villa
- Ref Review: Swansea City – a near perfect score
- Stoke City and the referees. An extraordinary situation.
- The QPR figures: quite a strange set of data
- West Brom reviewed
Methodology overview – Some matches in the Premier League are fixed. Discuss
EPL REFEREE REVIEW 2012- An historic study on the refs in the EPL
- 1. Introduction to a historic study
- 2. How it all started…
- 3. ….To the current reviews
- 4. Who let the Dog out?
- 5. What can we show you?
- 6. The first numbers: How many games and how competent are the refs
- 7. Is there any Bias?
- 8. Regional view: The North West
- 9. Regional view: The North East
- 10. Regional view: The Midlands
- 11. Regional view: Others
- 12 Regional view: London
- There are no London referees in the Premier League, and there’s a clear bias against the capital. Full details revealed
EPL REFEREE LEAGUE TABLES 2012
- The competence tables
- The small decisions tables
- The important decisions tables
- The bias tables: Doest it even out? If so, for whom? And if not: stop telling fairy tales
THE REFEREES IN THE PL:
WHO WAS THE BEST REF IN THE SEASON 2011-2012?
3. THE WINNER OF THE UNTOLD REFEREE OF THE SEASON AWARD IS…
SOME SOLUTIONS: How to improve the referee standard in the PL
- How the table reads after the weekend for Man C, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Totts, Newcastle.
- Is Tottenham part of this world? The club seeks urgent clarification.
- Congratulations Arsene: welcome to the hall of fame
- How will the final league table look? Our laptop computer reports
- If Arsenal go on like this, what will the final table look like?