We currently have two Arsenal books available – both available in two formats: as paperbacks and via Kindle.
For the Kindle editions please visit Kindle in the normal way and simply insert the book title. For paperback copies please see ordering details below along with the descriptions of the books.
Woolwich Arsenal: the club that changed football
There are about 40 copies of this book left, after which there won’t be any more new copies available: the book will not be reprinted.
This book offers the only complete and comprehensive story of Arsenal’s years in the Football League from 1893 to 1915 when it played first at Plumstead and then at Highbury, under the name Woolwich Arsenal FC.
This volume contains previously lost revelations about the split within the club that nearly destroyed Arsenal, the inside story of the rescue of the club by Henry Norris, the instigation of mass away support, and the creation of the first ever football ground designed for the supporter who lived some miles from the stadium, rather than just for the fans who lived close by. It also includes details of players, shareholders and directors from the era.
The price is £14.95 plus £2 delivery in the UK.
Making the Arsenal
This is the story of Arsenal in 1910 – the year the modern Arsenal club was born – told through the eyes of a fictional young journalist who is given the task of covering Arsenal for the daily paper. With the club effectively bankrupt and having no way to continue into the new season an extraordinary plan was put forward – to merge Woolwich Arsenal with Fulham.
And that plan nearly came to pass and although the merger never happened questions remain about what was going on in 1910 that made the merger of these long-established clubs seem a viable idea.
“Making the Arsenal” is the first novel about Arsenal since the “Arsenal Stadium Mystery” and it not only tells the tale of Arsenal in that year, but of everything that was going on around them.
The price of the book is £12.99. Delivery within the UK is £2.00.
Please note that the price remains at £2.00 irrespective of whether you order one or both books, and remains the same irrespective of how many copies are ordered.
You can order…
- Via Pay Pal to the account TonyAttwoodofLondon@gmail.com When you have placed your order please then write to Tony@schools.co.uk and confirm your payment and your delivery address and note whether you require a signature or dedication on the book.
(Fortunately, you don’t need to purchase a book for sports betting. Resources for sports betting sites are available alongside online casinos in which you can place your bets.)
- Arsenal have benefitted by the world cup break: allegedly.
- Arsenal and Tottenham: which has had the easier ride so far this season?
- Arsenal v Tottenham: not exactly a battle of equals.
- Death by 300,000 passes: how the Arsenal transformation started 2 seasons ago.
- Approaching derby day we recall when Arsenal helped Tottenham get into the league