So we can except some fairly vicious stuff in the far distance across the running track – those of us watching on TV can only hope that the cameras have all got their telephoto lenses in operation.
Here are a few of the odd statistics…
- West Ham have one of the three dirtiest players in the league so far this season, in their side: Winston Reid. He has four yellows and a red to his name thus far – an honour shared with Britos of Watford and Pienaar of Sunderland.
- Arsenal are unbeaten away in the league since February – a total of 11 games.
- Arsenal haven’t lost against West Ham in either of their guises for 10 years, and we are unbeaten in the last eight against them, winning six. And we have won nine of the last 11 Premier League games against the jellied eels.
- West Ham have let in two or more in each of their last seven home games against us and have not won any of their last four Premier League games. When they do win it is always by 1-0.
- But when they do go ahead in a game they are more likely to lose than any other team in the Premier League (they have done it ten times).
And one more, in case he is fit again…
- Olivier Giroud has been involved in more Premier League goals from the beach than any other player this season (three goals, one assist).
I think that’s about enough for now. If Walter is not once more rushed off into a Belgium TV studio for more commentary on the game, he’ll be here after the match. Otherwise you might have to wait as Tony is roaring off to Radcliffe on Trent immediately on the whistle for a spot more of putting unfortunate ladies into hospital with broken ankles.