Early season league tables can be misleading – but they can also be fun. You know the joke – “Let’s read the league table – first Tottenham Hotspur… oh sorry I’m holding it upside down.”
But even allowing for early season what-nots there must surely be a twinge of concern in the faces of Mr Flamini and Mr Hleb.
Flamini today finds himself playing for a club that is one from bottom of the Italian League. Without the chance of being in the Champions League this season, and with two defeats out of two in the league, plus an incredibly embarrassing defeat by 2-0 defeat to second-division Swiss side Lugano in a friendly on Wednesday, it is not looking so wonderful working in Milan.
There are already rumblings about the manager… who knows where it will end?
Among the other old-boys life isn’t looking too smart for that awfully nice Mr Hleb who plays alongside Thierry.
Having lost the season opener 1-0 at Numancia they then drew with Racing. And, oh no, would you believe it, ex-Arsenal dribbler and Belarus midfielder Aleksandr Hleb went down with damaged ankle ligaments just before half time. He’ll be out for quite a while apparently.
Barca have played two, won zero, drawn one, lost one.
So there we have it. A warning, if one were needed, to all the others. Better stay where you have a chance of winning things.
- There’s no proof of corruption in the PL, it is just that some things are rather odd.
- What happened to the 134 players said to be coming to Arsenal last summer?
- Behold: The dirtiest teams in the PL last season; and the one that were fouled the most
- Arsenal’s 124 players we are signing this window: K to Z
- Arsenal now tipped by all-knowing pundits to be signing 124 new players