I wrote the previous piece about the number of shots the teams had on saturday night, and then really worried. Could the Manchester Bankrupt figure of 32 shots be right? It seems insanely high.
I took that figure from the Guardian web site – along with all the others – and so decided to go looking for stats on the games from other sites.
Interestingly, no one else has that figure for Manchester B – the Sky site for example has 23 shots – still high but not as ludicrous as the Guardian.
But more worrying is the fact that all sorts of other stats varied site by site.
I won’t bore you with all the details, but basically from now on I am not going to believe any of these figures anywhere. They are probably made up by a bunch of journalists as they share their drinks before and after the game.
- The big six transfers thus far, and who’s got more cash?
- Arsenal transfers: Gnabry return, White a disaster, Martinez a loss?
- Why do journalists get so fixated on scoring in double figures?
- Buying players does not mean success as last season shows…
- All change with PGMO and the refs.. But what change?