I wrote the previous piece about the number of shots the teams had on saturday night, and then really worried. Could the Manchester Bankrupt figure of 32 shots be right? It seems insanely high.
I took that figure from the Guardian web site – along with all the others – and so decided to go looking for stats on the games from other sites.
Interestingly, no one else has that figure for Manchester B – the Sky site for example has 23 shots – still high but not as ludicrous as the Guardian.
But more worrying is the fact that all sorts of other stats varied site by site.
I won’t bore you with all the details, but basically from now on I am not going to believe any of these figures anywhere. They are probably made up by a bunch of journalists as they share their drinks before and after the game.
- What Europe knows about Man C but the English press haven’t told you
- Arsenal v Manchester City Women’s Continental League Cup semi-final – match preview
- How Man City’s problems began to arise…. nine years ago
- The media pile into Manchester City, but where have they been all this time?
- Manchester City accused of over 100 breaches of Premier League financial rules