10 Questions to while away the hours before or after kick off. Set by Tony Attwood
1. How many goals has Alexis scored a) in his last 13 games and b) in his last three games for Arsenal?
2. Name the player who was transferred to Swansea with the initials LJ
3. In what year did Arsenal beat Swansea in the FA Cup en route to Wembley?
4. Which famous Arsenal goalkeeper was born near Swansea?
5. Where exactly was he born (double bonus points and buy yourself a pint if you know that one)?
6. Who did Arsenal sign from Swansea in 1958?
7. Who did Arsenal sell to Swansea in 2012?
8. On 1 December 2012 Arsenal lost 0-2 at home to Swansea and the media as always noted a statistic that they felt showed that Arsenal were doomed. What was that statistic?
9. On 16 March 2013 Arsenal beat Swansea away 0-2. What happened after that in terms of results?
10. On 28 September 2013 Arsenal achieved a record breaking run by beating Swansea 2-1 and at the same time equalled another record. What were the records?
The answers can be found in the Arsenal History Society review of Arsenal and Swansea games here.
0-3: You really should be spending a little more time studying your Arsenal history
4-6: A decent score and you can be counted on to weigh in with an accurate answer or two during a debate on some point of history on a Saturday night.
7-8: Clearly an expert you should consider writing for the Arsenal History Society. We’re always open to articles on players and events we have not yet covered.
9-10: Nobody likes a smart arse.
- Over half of the 92 league clubs have gone into administration this century. What next?
- Does spending on transfers automatically bring success? Arsenal compared to the rest.
- Manchester City v Arsenal: the team and the FA Cup
- Has Arsenal now caught up with Manchester City?
- Manchester City v Arsenal: the referee and the FA Cup