Bischoff came to Arsenal as a injured player who had been out for something like a year – with an injury. He came to us from Werder Bremen.
He is, in my view, worth watching because Wenger said signing him was a gamble, he’s a central midfielder and it turns out he’s rather good.
He recovered from his injury during the first month or so at the club and has now played 3 times in the reserves. Last night he scored his first goal – a flip over the defender and then a swerving shot from outside the area. It really was something to watch. If that wasn’t enough he set up a terrific pass for Rui Conte to score Arsenal’s second – it ended 2-0.
There was quite a few complaints about signing him especially as he only made one senior appearance for Werder Bremen- and that was in 2007.
He has played for Portugal’s under 21 side – despite being French (that’s the way these international things work).
Merida also played central midfield in the second half, and Coquelin looked bright – it maybe that all three will play against Wigan.
- Everton v Arsenal: a happy video, line-up and what the league table will look like after
- Everton v Arsenal: Injuries, points needed for 4th, and Arsenal the first to 100?
- Everton v Arsenal: extraordinary figures seen in the last 6 games table
- Everton v Arsenal: how this referee treats the home and away team
- Everton v Arsenal and the oddity of referee behaviour