by Tony Attwood
Just a little story that I noticed, in case it is of interest.
There’s an interesting piece in the Guardian today which suggests that the team will change from 4-3-3- over to 4-4-2 for the game against Fulham.
I have to admit when Eboue is in the team I do sometimes lose a sense of the formation, since he seems to turn up in all sorts of positions. Of course that is no bad thing – if Eboue is fooling me looking from the stands he’s going to be doing the same on the pitch to the opposition.
But still the line up for sunday that they give against Fulham is…
Sagna Campbell Silvestre Clichy
Walcott Eboue Nasri Diaby
Van Persie Arshavin
Their subs are Mannone, Traoré, Djourou, Gibbs, Henderson, Eastmond, Vela, Mérida
It certainly is a possibility with all these people missing from the line up (and again with dates taken from the same paper)
Song (knee, Jun), Rosicky (ankle, Jun), Denílson, Bendtner (both groin, Jun), Almunia (thumb, Jun), Vermaelen, Gallas (both calf, Jun), Fábregas (leg, Jun), Ramsey (leg, Oct)
Nine players out – which is just about the most I have ever seen.
- Arsenal v Manchester City Women’s Continental League Cup semi-final – match preview
- How Man City’s problems began to arise…. nine years ago
- The media pile into Manchester City, but where have they been all this time?
- Manchester City accused of over 100 breaches of Premier League financial rules
- Every club now knows how to beat Arsenal (according to reports)