It turns out to be quite difficult to get information on the inevitable damage done to Arsenal players by the insanity of the international week, in which players who we pay turn out for countries which they may or may not have been born in, to play games of no particular interest to many people in mostly empty stadia.
But as far as I can tell so far…
Fabianksi has food poisoning
Carlos Vela flew eight million light years to Mexico and then didn’t even make the bench.
Robin Van Persie was taken off with an injury in the defeat over Scotland
Nic Bendtner was taken off after half an hour or so with a knee injury which is expected to keep him out of the game for some time.
Meanwhile the News of the World has censored every single email left on its site pointing out that we covered the Fabregas is leaving story, first. I’ll try and keep a look out for any other Arsenal player leaving story and just let the paper know: we told it first.
Childish maybe, but it gives me a sense of power.
(c) Tony 2009
- With Balogun will Arsenal be heading toward goalscoring records
- Everton v Arsenal this saturday lunchtime: just what are Everton playing at?
- What the media doesn’t tell you, part 6. There’s a financial problem…
- The Big 7 clubs, how much they spent and what good is it doing?
- What the media won’t tell you about football 5: Fifa lends money to Switzerland