And so to the usual factoids to round things up:
Arsenal have won their last 14 home matches against Stoke in all competitions including eight PL games.
Arsenal have not let in a goal in 5 of their last 7 home matches against Stoke in all competitions.
The Evil Entity has conceded 19 goals and scored three in their eight league matches at the Emirates Stadium.
The last time Stoke won at Arsenal was by a typical Stokearian score of 1-0 at Highbury in the First Division in August 1981, with Lee Chapman scoring.
If we at least draw today it will be the first time we have gone 14 games without losing in the Premier League since December to April 2011 when we went 16 games without defeat.
And just in case Alexis doesn’t get all the goals today…
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored six league and cup goals this season – his best return since joining the Gunners.
- Theo Walcott is one away from 100 career club goals (including five for Southampton).
Let’s hope it’s a jolly affair and the ref does his job. (I know not that likely, but we can hope).
Tales from Untold
- How the media always knocks Arsenal, but ignores England’s failures.
- Left has never been stronger at Arsenal FC!
- The seven main things that are wrong with football in England
- 2022-23 WSL Arsenal v Spurs – Match Preview – part 2 comments from the manager and team news
- 2022-23 WSL Arsenal v Spurs – Match Preview – part 1 the head to head record and comments on Spurs summer signings