GoonerNews

Arsenal News

Live Arsenal News

Arsenal latest news

Arsenal News & Transfers
As featured on NewsNow: Arsenal newsArsenal News 24/7

Arsenal News, Only Arsenal, Blogs, Transfer News

Archives

October 2020
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

All 16 players that Arsenal are being tipped to sign this month!

by Sir Hardly Anyone

If you are a regular reader you’ll know we regularly carry lists of all the players being tipped to come to Arsenal during each transfer window.

Normally the accuracy level of these newspaper and blog predictions is dreadful – about 3% – or to put it the other way around 97% of the reports turn out to be total invention.

You would think that this would destroy all credibility in newspaper journalists and bloggers and that by now they would have scurried out the door to take up residence in the famous journalist drinking den “The Toppled Bollard” where a double means two pints of gin and a whisky chaser.

But no, they carry on as if somehow their services are required by the general football-going public.  And so time after time we try to make fun of these scoundrels by publishing their transfer tales.

The first run was published just yesterday, and now here is our first chart containing all those discovered for the last edition plus a load more, those new ones cunningly given the word “new” at the start of the line.

Player Currently At Position Source / Notes
NEW Nathan Ake Bournemouth Centre back FoLo.  Chelsea want him
NEW Max Aarons Norwich Full back £30m; Mail
NEW Jerome Boateng Bayern Munich Centre back Gunnersphere
4 Merih Demiral Juventus Defendender 50m. Fotomc / Sport Witness
5 Firmino Liverpool Attacking midfield TalkSport. Speculation
6 Omari Forson Man U Attacking midield He’s 15; HITC
7 Bruno Guimarães Athletico Paranaense Midfield
NEW Thomas Lemar Atletico Madrid Left Wing Read Arsenal
9 Thomas Meunier PSG Right back World Soccer Talk
10 Thomas Partey Atletico Madrid Defensive midfield Express
11 Adrien Rabiot Juventus Midfield Star.  £25m
NEW Boubakary Soumare. Lille Midfield Read Arsenal
13 Dominik Szoboszlai Red Bull Salzburg No 10 FoLo
NEW Samuel Umtiti Barcelona Centre back Sport Witness
15 Cengiz Under Roma Winger The Boot Room.  £34m
16 Dayot Upamecano Leipzig Central defence Express.  France u-21
17 Kevin Volland Bayer Leverkusen. Forward World Soccer Talk

As you can see we currently have 17 tips.  More will come in due course.

Protagonist in chief of this tripe is FoLo – or Football London owned by the Daily Mirror, which publishes around 40 Arsenal stories a day.

Overall accuracy of these reports can be noted from a comment in Team Talk where they reveal that Arsenal are going to sign Dayot Upoamecano.  Arsenal (they tell us) “have one of the leakiest defences in the Premier League, having so far conceded 30 goals…”

So time to check the facts.   Here is how the table would look if success were measured not by points but by goals conceded.

Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts
1 Liverpool 20 19 1 0 49 14 35 58
2 Leicester City 21 14 3 4 46 19 27 45
8 Sheffield United 21 7 8 6 23 21 2 29
9 Crystal Palace 21 7 7 7 19 23 -4 28
3 Manchester City 21 14 2 5 56 24 32 44
5 Manchester United 21 8 7 6 32 25 7 31
7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 21 7 9 5 30 27 3 30
4 Chelsea 21 11 3 7 36 29 7 36
14 Brighton and Hove Albion 21 6 6 9 25 29 -4 24
6 Tottenham Hotspur 21 8 6 7 36 30 6 30
10 Arsenal 21 6 9 6 28 30 -2 27

Yes, measured by defences, Arsenal are exactly half was down the league, with 30 goals conceded, the same as Tottenham.  So in terms of using the language in its normal sense Arsenal actually have a totally average defence, not one of the leakiest.

And of course if a reporter cannot even get that little diddly bit of information right, it is not surprising when he or she can’t tell which players and which are not coming to Arsenal.

But they have their jobs and someone must keep paying them (although it certainly ain’t me) and they go on and on and on churning out nonsense,

We’ll have some more rumours anon.

 

1 comment to All 16 players that Arsenal are being tipped to sign this month!

  • Les Martin ( LeMmy )

    Latest Arsenal poised to swoop for every player on the planet sources say an insider said ” oh yeah it’ll be like the last transfer window more or less.