By Bulldog Drummond
So now how do we feel? Well, pretty miserable and fed up and all that stuff. No one is actually saying that we spent more than anyone else in the summer because well, the way to improve the team is to buy lots and lots of players, that’s the mantra of the journos and their camp followers. And that is a bit embarrassing for them because that is what we did and it didn’t really work very well. At least not well enough to win at the weekend.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang accusation made after £36m Arsenal deal
- Saka looks the real deal for Arsenal as Arteta misses big opportunity
- Darren Bent criticises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s form since penning new Arsenal deal
And if there is nothing else to moan about then it’s back to Ozil
- Arsenal chief explains Mesut Ozil’s absence with top earner likely to miss Premier League squad (
- Adams criticises two players as he outlines Arsenal ‘problems’ (
- Adams disagrees with Arteta, says Arsenal have ‘problems’ with regular starter (Team Talk)
Although at least the Mirror says he has a solution as well as talking about the negatives
- Adams identifies Arsenal problems after Man City loss and offers Arteta solution (
And of course we are back to the injuries too
- Arsenal in anxious wait over Holding injury after Man City withdrawal (
Yes and you know it is Arsenal because there are injuries. But as we keep asking, why? Why when Mr Wenger was the cause of the injuries as we were told over and over and over and over. Why now he is not there do we still get them?
- Arsenal duo and Aston Villa midfielder pull out of Scotland squad (
- Will injuries determine how far Arsenal go this season? (
- At £250k-a-week, Arsenal man needs to start firing after another abject display at The Etihad – TBR View (
That was also in Arsenal FC news. Hang on though, can’t we be more personal?
- Aubameyang criticised for “massive drop off” since signing new contract (
But maybe it was just the tactics…
- Arteta’s big game gameplan doesn’t pay off – this time (
And while we are at it, lets knock the manager…
- Andy Cole thinks Arteta was ‘very disrespectful’ to one Arsenal player against City (
And some I just don’t understand
- Arsenal tipped to still be players in major transfer saga (
- ‘Absolutely everything’: Boss raves about £27m ace Arsenal shipped out earlier this month (
- Micah Richards questions summer Arsenal signing (
Away from Arsenal there is one that I really love and it is this from the Telegraph: “Gareth Bale’s Tottenham return was pure romance”. So they are three up with about 20 minutes to go, Bale comes on and they draw 3-3 and thats romance?
But there was one lovely thing from Mourinho in the papers that I really did enjoy. He said that Tottenham were not psychologically strong enough. Does that mean you can think your way to victory? If so, we have football by telepathy. Sounds fun.
- The home and away scandal: ignorance, or cover up?
- The reason why Liverpool and Man C are ahead of Arsenal.
- How which referee a club gets has a major impact on the result of each game
- The statistical evidence that shows PGMO are biased against Arsenal
- How European football has taken up the fight against clubs breaking FFP