by Andrew Crawshaw
What did we learn from Matchweek 2
From our match
- Darren England struggled at times, possibly why he is only on VAR duty this weekend
- Min 21 no yellow card for Leicester
- Min 34 no yellow card when Saka was taken out ref played advantage
- Mike Dean correctly advised Mr England to review his penalty decision which resulted in Jamie Vardy’s penalty being overturned, of course no subsequent yellow card was issued for the simulation
- No penalty for Arsenal in min 57 (we did manage to score our third goal a minute later so although debatable this decision didn’t cost us for long).
- Minute 91 Maddison bounces off Eddie and goes down as though he’s dead – perpetual trick from Maddison
From Liverpool v Crystal Palace game
Palace continued their snide fouling tactics from the game against Arsenal. It worked to better effect as new-boy Darwin Nunez was goaded by Joachim Andersen and reacted with a head but rightly getting a straight red card and three match ban. Andersen goy a yellow for his part in the incident.
- Jamie Vardy not getting a card for diving
Who is on duty this coming weekend
|Match||Referee||Assistant Referees||4th Official||VAR referee||Assistant VAR Referee|
|Simon Hooper||Adrian Holmes
|Robert Jones||Lee Mason||Lee Betts|
|Andy Madley||Derek Eaton
|Thomas Bramall||John Brookes||Nick Hopton|
|Andre Marriner||Simon Long
|Jeremy Simpson||Tony Harrington||Dan Cook|
|Peter Bankes||Eddie Smart
|Dean Whitestone||David Coote||Wade Smith|
|Michael Salisbury||Neil Davies
|Stuart Attwell||Michael Oliver||Stuart Burt|
|Craig Pawson||Marc Perry
|Graham Scott||Paul Tierney||Dan Robathan|
|Stuart Attwell||Constantine Hatzidakis
|Michael Salisbury||Paul Tierney||Scott Ledger|
|Anthony Taylor||Gary Beswick
|Graham Scott||Lee Mason||Nick Greenhaulgh|
|Jarred Gillett||Lee Betts
|Tony Harrington||Peter Bankes||Marc Perry|
|Michael Oliver||Stuart Burt
|John Brooks||Darren England||Timothy Wood|
Interesting to see that two of the officials in our match on the Saturday are also on duty for the Leeds v Chelsea game on the Sunday. Paul Tierney is on VAR duties for both games and Scott Ledger runs the line on Saturday. The other Assistant referee in our game also is on Assistant VAR Duty for the Newcastle v Man City game. Probably coincidence but something to keep an eye on just in case.
- Arsenal v Tottenham update, team news and appalling, flagrant media bias
- Arsenal have benefitted by the world cup break: allegedly.
- Arsenal and Tottenham: which has had the easier ride so far this season?
- Arsenal v Tottenham: not exactly a battle of equals.
- Death by 300,000 passes: how the Arsenal transformation started 2 seasons ago.