THE BRICKFIELDS GUNNERS BLOG , PRESENTS RULES FOR ‘them’ ON UNTOLD ARSENAL .
“A day without laughter is a day wasted.” ― Nicolas Chamfort
After posting this link about THE RULES FOR ALWAYS BEING A GENTLEMAN – on the comments section of Don’s fine article, ‘The Illusion of change,’ it struck me that there is no real guidelines of good behaviour especially for ‘them’ at all, other than Tony’s http://untold-arsenal.com/untold-comments, who many may not have bothered to read. So here is my not so humble advice to all of ‘them’ that come here .
Of late there have been many visitors to this site that are unhappy with the club, the manager and the team in general. Not all are wrong, as in the manner the season has unfolded. But there are many who come here and abuse others who don’t agree with their assessment of what ails the club. And most don’t give any answers or suggestions , but rather just hit out and fling the shit around .
“Try to understand men. If you understand each other you will be kind to each other. Knowing a man well never leads to hate and almost always leads to love.” ― John Steinbeck.
Well , here I outline certain rules that should make this site enjoyable to the majority if these rules are followed to the letter by ‘them’ .
- Read all articles in their totality and without any feelings of bias or hatred, either towards the website itself itself or the author .
After all how can the 7 million readers or so per year visiting this blog influence the running of the club, the manager , the team or other fans? Try also not to crucify or pre-judge the article on the basis of dislike of the author, before truly digesting and understanding its meaning.
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein
- Try to understand the article to the fullest and to best of your limited intellectual ability
Do take the time and trouble to appreciate the hard work and passion that the author put in his research and his presentation . Especially if it was done while at work , or in his spare time , and mostly because he is not getting paid for it !
“It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!” ― Friedrich Nietzsche.
- Ask a grown up , an elder or family member if certain social, political, historical or literary references are not readily known to you.
Learning about these may be held of good stead to you in later life . Or Google it , if they too are flummoxed , confused , bewildered , perplexed and as illiterate as you . After all as the old saying goes, “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree .” Some never ripen at all!
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.” ― Fran Lebowitz
- Ponder long and deeply upon the salient points that the author is making.
If some words are not familiar to you, do use a good dictionary, as to not misunderstand its intended meaning or usage.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou.
- If you agree with the article/authors do express your appreciation legibly.
Avoid at all time using the ‘Caps Lock ‘ when posting , for it may either seem that you are really angry or may be erroneously interpreted by like minded others that you have something really profound to say.
“If you’re too open-minded; your brains will fall out.” ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- Press the LIKE button to show your appreciation and agreement for the contents of the article or for author’s efforts .
Especially, if not wanting to post a comment, or unable to comment coherently.
“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.” ― E.L. Doctorow
- If you disagree with the contents and the author , do press DISLIKE button once. ONCE !
Then clearly state the nature or point of your disagreement and argue your case , quoting only indisputable and established facts and figures. Avoid quoting opinions of prats, ostriches, ex-players , so called experts and commentators . Also please don’t write in to say how minutes of your lifetime you wasted reading the article .
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” ― Socrates
- Avoid at all cost vulgarity, curses , crude language , racial slurs , any and all parental references and consanguineous inferences .
In their place , use humourous and lighthearted language . Or funny Emoticons or GIFs .
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” ― Jim Henson.
- Avoid all the standard silly slogans.” Arsene out ! ” ; “AW doesn’t do tactics !” ; “Stan is taking money out of the club,” and other false statements like that there is 200 million pounds war chest just begging to be spent or that Stan just doesn’t care.
Really? So he should put in more millions, so that a few ungrateful fans will be happy?
“The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.”
- Avoid outright lying or making up ‘facts’, bending or falsifying the truth just to bolster your arguments .
Truth has a funny way of coming back and biting you in the arse . It is but a hollow victory if you think that you have won , trust me . And the so called victory is all in your mind anyway . And brown nosing is a real stinky affair !
“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain
- Try not to speak for the majority (silent or otherwise .) , or pretend to represent them without their informed and signed consent .
Statements like , “Every Arsenal fan wants …..” ; ” Everybody knows .. “,; “All the experts are of the same opinion that …”, etc are considered and rendered meaningless, unless you can provide the source of your irrefutable proof and evidence .
“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” ― Winston S. Churchill
- You do clearly understand that this IS a pro Arsene Wenger and pro Arsenal site .
And probably the last one. And inhabited and celebrated with positivity by the hardcore AKBs . Who are on here to mingle with and exchange ideas and hopes with like minded supporters. Who feel unreservedly welcome on here , without any of the stupidity and foolishness exhibited on other site. Your presence here will in no way change my position , as I do believe , and also that of the other regulars. Why are YOU here ?
“Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.,
- Don’t come on here to complain about the site, the articles or about the authors ‘s attitude, presentation and tone .
What we write is what we believe . If you feel that it is condescending , patronising or haughty , then that is your own perception (or the inherent lack thereof) or most probably it’s a display of your own feelings of inadequacy and inferiority. Think about that .and ask yourself “Why does this site bother me so ?” .
” No one can make you feel inferior without your own consent .” – Eleanor Roosevelt
My advice for ‘them’ is to avoid this site like the plague and go on frolic and enjoy yourselves on elsewhere and leave us ‘deluded ‘ones to wallow in our own little sty. Let us all each enjoy ourselves in our own way and fashion .
Do show you class by leaving graciously. Please don’t slam the door behind you on you way out – you see, it’s a revolving one !
Brickfields Gunners .
- Manchester City v Arsenal Sunday 8 May – The Match Officials
- They don’t half say some funny things in the press. Latest headlines from a wandering media.
- Why the debate about Arsenal and its future is getting nowhere and is ultimately utterly pointless.
- FA set to lose another £30m of state aid as they donate more money to Fifa.