Jay Simpson is English, he’s a striker, he plays for Arsenal, and has been named PFA Player of the Year for League One. He spent the season at Milwall.
His most recent goals came in the friendly with Dorchester this week where he scored three: a lob, a bender and a race onto a long ball. In his last league game for Milwall he hit an amazing strike against Carlisle.
And all that before we take into account that he can also play on the wing, and twice won the monthly PFA awards this season.
If you want more… although he is only 19 he made history last season as the first player to score a hat-trick at Emirates Stadium in a Youth Cup tie against Cardiff City.
And more… Simpson made his Under-18s debut for Arsenal aged 13 and in 2007-8 he was also a regular for Arsenal Reserves.
- Arsenal v Wolverhampton: their problems with fouls and cards, and the team
- Arsenal v Wolverhampton: the club that gets cards at over twice the rate of Arsenal
- Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers: where will each team finish?
- Arsenal v Lens: what we found, what we felt, what they did
- Arsenal v Lens: the team, the home/away form and the strange coincidences