By Tony Attwood
Untold is launching a new regular Media section, which for the moment and with amazing originality is being called UNTOLD MEDIA WATCH.
It will run on a regular basis, alongside our other features including…
- Dogface’s preview of the ref and his history in refereeing Arsenal matches,
- Walter’s review of the ref’s performance after each match, plus various statistical analyses
- Phil Gregory’s match preview, and occasional series on football finances
- Dale’s regular series on injuries
- My own work on Arsenal’s history and ex-players (which generally appears on www.blog.woolwicharsenal.co.uk) and…
- Billy the Dog’s occasional lurches onto another planet
Untold Media Watch will be organised by Anne Thompson, who has already contributed a number of articles for Untold, and Anne is looking for writers and researchers to help pull the information together. If you are interested you can write to Anne at email@example.com
As with other Untold series, the Untold Media section will appear first because no one else seems to be doing it (hence “Untold”) and because, as Anne puts it, we all share a sense of injustice about the way that the media treats Arsenal.
Anne is currently working on a follow up piece about this Antony Kastrinakis (who wrote so many of the articles that she has cited), so we hope to have a wide range of articles on all aspects of Arsenal and the media.
Finally, Untold is never a closed shop. We do have our fundamental view of being pro-Wenger, but beyond that the key point is that we publish football articles which are in some way related to Arsenal, and which don’t get published or widely read elsewhere. If you have an idea for an individual article or indeed for a whole series, please do let me know. For any ideas other than the new media series (which as I noted above should go directly to Anne) please email me: Tony.Attwood@aisa.org
Please do note that if you are sending in an article I need it to be as a Word document attached to an email (not pdf, and not in the email) with your name at the top of the article as you wish it to appear on Untold). I also need you to give Untold an assurance that you have not offered the piece anywhere else.
And a final thing: Untold is a voluntary activity run by enthusiasts. The admin of the whole process (especially when just in my hands) is known to be occasionally erratic, and if you don’t get a reply to an email, or if you put forward an idea and then find us using it without acknowledging you personally, please don’t take offence. It is not me trying to steal an idea nor me deliberately ignoring you, it is just me making a balls-up of things. Write again, and I’ll try and get it sorted.
- Premier League 2022/23 – Matchweek 2 Refereeing matters
- Are we all really sure that no other club behaves like Barcelona?
- Arsenal’s new tactics explored in detail and what it means for the season ahead
- How the Premier League referees are biased: an analysis
- Barcelona’s attempt to fool the financial regulator unravels