More Untold Arsenal awards
Superstar of next season: Theo Walcott. Suddenly, just when we all expected it not to happen, he exploded. The one thing that was wrong – his inability to avoid being drawn into blind alleys where he lost the ball – vanished. It was as if he thought, “Bugger this, let’s do something” and off he went. A season of that and you will only hear his name
Unexpected star – Alex Song. Voted Wenger’s worse buy simply because of one duff game against Fulham, Song looked good in Africa, and has at the end of the season looked really terrific. If he turns up in Flamini’s position next season, do remember that the idea was first mooted here.
Young player of next season: Carlos Vela. Who else could it be. Mexico are not the best team in the world, but they are not slouches either, and he’s their centre forward. He Eduardo can come back and the others stay fit we will have five centre forwards next season, so he might not get too many games outside the cups, but when he plays he will score.
Comeback of this season:
Try some of these (Gooner News doesn’t highlight them all)
- Last season the table after 3 games was headline news. But probably not this season
- 117 players tipped as coming to Arsenal before the window closes
- Why Arsenal recruited a new defence first, then a new attack
- After two games we can start to make one or two judgements
- Winning the opening two league games is not that common for Arsenal