More Untold Arsenal awards
Superstar of next season: Theo Walcott. Suddenly, just when we all expected it not to happen, he exploded. The one thing that was wrong – his inability to avoid being drawn into blind alleys where he lost the ball – vanished. It was as if he thought, “Bugger this, let’s do something” and off he went. A season of that and you will only hear his name
Unexpected star – Alex Song. Voted Wenger’s worse buy simply because of one duff game against Fulham, Song looked good in Africa, and has at the end of the season looked really terrific. If he turns up in Flamini’s position next season, do remember that the idea was first mooted here.
Young player of next season: Carlos Vela. Who else could it be. Mexico are not the best team in the world, but they are not slouches either, and he’s their centre forward. He Eduardo can come back and the others stay fit we will have five centre forwards next season, so he might not get too many games outside the cups, but when he plays he will score.
Comeback of this season:
Try some of these (Gooner News doesn’t highlight them all)
- Corruption flares up again in Italy, as Premier League figures don’t look too clever
- How much does a club have to spend on transfers to get a trophy?
- Does the team that is top after 14 games usually go on to win the league?
- How the Taliban infiltrated the World Cup and used it to maintain its war on women
- Which 4 Arsenal transfers are being mentioned the most by the media?