The Record Remains Intact
By Tony Attwood
It was the thing that nightmares are made of – to lose two of our most prestigious records in one season: the “49”, and being unbeaten in the league through a whole season.
Now only one fear remains – that Man City will spend another £100m in the January transfer window and manage to go through the league season without losing.
But at least let us lift one item from our heavy hearts before returning to the notion of the oil filled north later today.
Huddersfield Town’s 43-match unbeaten run in the Football League ended yesterday with a 2-0 defeat in League One to Charlton Athletic.
Follow us on Twitter @Untold Arsenal
“Making the Arsenal” – is available on Amazon, Arsenal on line, the Woolwich Arsenal site and in the Arsenal store.
- INJURIES AND MATCH PREVIEW: Arsenal reserves v Manchester Oilmen
- STATISTICS: Our record of 49 is once again safe
- CORRUPTION: THE TERRIBLE TRUTH about how referees are bought in Arsenal games.
- REF REVIEW: The worst and most biased refereeing ever seen at the Emirates = a detailed analysis.
- Arsenal v Leicester: comparing the form, and the goalscorers
- Arsenal v Leicester: how will the ref handle Leicester’s mulitple tackling?
- What sort of referee is Darren England? The statistics reveal some odd facts.
- Premier League 2022/23 – Matchweek 2 Refereeing matters
- Are we all really sure that no other club behaves like Barcelona?