… which is that he hasn’t actually discussed any of the Adebayor summer issue with Adebayor.
At lot has been made this summer of the fact that “Sir” Alex F-word would not return from his summer holiday to have a natter with Ronaldodo but little comment on the fact that Wenger likewise let the player and his pimp (agent) stew for a while.
That has had a double interesting effect. First, it has let the story run and run – which might or might not be a good thing. But second it has given Milan time to run its “Ade or no one” story, and then sign a Brazil player and say “we don’t want anyone else”.
This “don’t even talk to the player” approach might well be something of a masterstroke – since it leaves the player and pimp out in the cold – if there are no negotiations going on between the pimp and Arsenal then there is nothing that can be agreed, unless the player comes out and asks for a transfer – which he has not done.
It all makes for an interesting next few days.
Meanwhile, for those of us who managed to see the Barnet game, there was the chance to marvel over the incredible Jack Wilshire. I suppose he is too young to get much going this season, but oh what an amazing talent.
- Arsenal Women v Tottenham Hotspur Women match preview
- What every football club (and most certainly Arsenal) is aiming for.
- The apparent decline of Tottenham and the question of care for players elsewhere
- Positive injury news for Arsenal ahead Monday’s game with Sheffield United
- Arsenal’s finances stay secure but we can expect more price rises for fans