By Billy the Dog McGraw
Olympiakos are top of the 16 team Greek Super League. Played five won five. Goal difference +10. Latest result
In Europe however the Oly’s lost at home to Schalke in the Champs League first round of games.
As for us, it is back to the old days. Everyone is injured.
“They are highly motivated to know they have to give everything to make it through. They are experienced and basically it is the same team as at the back of last season. I think they had a difficult start against Marseille and after became stronger and stronger through the competition last year.
I turned to Dennis for more insight. “Olympiacos is the most successful club in Greek football history, having won 39 League titles, 25 Greek Cups and 4 Greek Super Cups, 3 flower pots, 27 Greek urns, a plate of sausages and a stray dog.
So we know it is Mannone in goal. The full backs are Jenkinson and Gibbs. Vermaelen has to play, so it is Mert or Kos next to him.
Mid-field is a pick and mix affair behind God.
Up front it could be any of
Theo, Oxlade-C if not playing in midfield, Pod, Giroud, Gervinho, Arshavin
In short, I have not got a clue.
So no change there.
- Over 100 ref decisions checked per game. Referee decisions upgrade is complete
- Djourou to score 2 goals on Wednesday: 175/1
- Foreign players dive more than English players; English refs give support to English players.
- Arsenal v Chelsea – the catering review
- Arsenal’s financials: it’s all about the wage bill