Hello and welcome to the #RioChallenge Live Blog brought to you by Strongbow, where Arsenal will be looking to bounce back from their current dip in form with a win against a high-flying Manchester City side.
Having dispatched Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford recently, Manuel Pellegrini’s side will fancy their chances against an Arsenal side struggling to find consistency. The Gunners drew 2-2 with Swansea in mid-week, after a Mathieu Flamini own goal, so will be looking to keep in the title race with a win against City.
The last time these two sides met was back in December, when Arsenal were humbled 6-3 by Pellegrini’s side. The stats show that Arsenal have won just three of their last nine Premier League games, while Man City have converted the highest percentage of shots into goals of any team in the Premier League (20%).
Aside from the action, you can get yourself in with a chance of winning a trip to Rio de Janeiro to play one of Brazil’s best female five-a-side teams, all you have to do is sign you and your mates up here: bit.ly/riochallenge
- Does Arsenal really have a mega injury crisis ahead of Tottenham game?
- 2022-23 Womens Champions League – Ajax v Arsenal (second leg
- The stupidest thing said about Arsenal this week
- WSL North London Derby – reflections on the game at the Emirates
- Arsenal have not got the youngest team in the PL. Or have they?