Hamburg confident of signing Arsenal target Krystian Bielik …
So screamed the Guardian a couple of days ago. Indeed it’s been a bit like a pantomime (which if I may explain to residents outside the UK is a traditional and extremely silly English theatrical entertainment in which there is a lot of cross gender dressing and the shouting of “Oh yes he is” answered by “oh no he isn’t”. The fact that it has been so popular for so many years tells you a lot about English society.)
Oh yes Bielik is signing. Oh no he isn’t…
He trained with Arsenal in December, and the price is around €3m and a signed picture of Thierry Henry.
Meanwhile our Thierry has got rather agitated about the fact that his pal Arsène Wenger was booed by the aaa. He is quoted as saying, “You can be upset, I totally understand that, but when I saw what had happened at Stoke it was totally unnecessary. Fans do have a voice but that was out of order. But in the game we have at the moment, that, unfortunately, is the way it is.”
18 successive seasons in the Champions League group stages counts for nothing it seems, as does the FA Cup. As, I guess does Alexis Sanchez, who, one might recall, chose Arsenal rather than any of the kingdoms of oil and gas. On that subject TH said, “it is his all-round game I am impressed with. That has no price.” And I think most of us would agree.
Want to make a comment? Have a look at the rules
- Uefa increasing looking weak as European clubs propose completely new approach
- The Premier League action against Man City brings Super League ever closer
- What Europe knows about Man C but the English press haven’t told you
- Arsenal v Manchester City Women’s Continental League Cup semi-final – match preview
- How Man City’s problems began to arise…. nine years ago