The Lord Wenger has made it clear that come what may the Infants School XI will always play in the Diddly Widdly Carling Cup – rather amusingly when most of them are not allowed to get involved with the sponsor’s product.
Now that the club has been drawn against Plymouth in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, it means another game for the wee fellas. The Lord Wenger does not decree that we must play the little ones in the FA Cup, but in the past he has done that when playing teams from the lower leagues, so it is likely he will do this again against the men from Argylshire (which I think is near Sutherland).
This is great news for the forward line where with Simpson now coming through we have no less than six cheerful chaps champing continuously for a crack at the cup. Eduardo will be fit by then, and there’s Vella, Bendtner, plus the two guys who larked around at the Russian game.
In the middle it means Genius Jack and Careful Carlos can play on the wings, and if he is making his way back from injury by then Captain Kolo can take another bow. It would be nice if Traore came back from Portsmouth, but I suspect he’s there for the year. Hoyte II will get a game as well.
So, another fun day out with the unborn. I’m looking forward to it already.
- What the media won’t tell you about football, part 4 – referee variations
- The final transfer rumours: 3 new names to make 66 players tipped for Arsenal
- What the media won’t tell you about football, part 3 – referee home bias
- The real live facts that the media won’t ever touch (part 2)
- Could this be the best PL season ever for Arsenal in terms of goals?