Quite how Fifa will defend itself, given the turmoil it is currently in, is anyone’s guess. But what if it loses? That would not take the world cup away from Qatar, but would stop it being held in the winter. That would mean, in turn, that the world cup would have to be held at the time of the height of the heat. Presumably then all the clubs supplying players would fear for their health, and object.
Could it be the final push to topple Fifa? Maybe that is too much to hope for, but every little helps.
We’re on Twitter @Untold Arsenal
- The Big 7 clubs, how much they spent and what good is it doing?
- What the media won’t tell you about football 5: Fifa lends money to Switzerland
- What the media won’t tell you about football, part 4 – referee variations
- The final transfer rumours: 3 new names to make 66 players tipped for Arsenal
- What the media won’t tell you about football, part 3 – referee home bias