By Tony Attwood
Getting information the Uefa Youth League match that kicks off at 3pm is tough, but I’ll offer what I can. If you have more please do let me know.
Arsenal.com is making much of the inclusion in the squad of Tolaji Bola who played for the under 18s last season, and is now in the under 19s at the age of 16. Arsenal’s site say of him he is “Strong in the air and tough in the tackle, he is also composed with the ball at his feet and comfortable playing out from the back.”
He is an England youth international, at under-16 level.
With the Youth League, as with other competitions the clubs have to submit their list of eligible players, and Arsenal’s list includes Dan Crowley who is on loan at Barnsley. Two players who had some registration problems (Donyell Malen and Vlad Dragomir) are included in the list, but according to some reports, again which I can’t find definitive confirmation of, Dragomir has suffered a serious injury.
Julio Pleguezuelo and Alex Iwobi are in the squad, and so to is Jeff Reine-Adelaide who we saw at the Emirates Cup.
Krystian Bielik (who looked excellent when I saw him in the under 21s) is also in the 37 man squad.
- Bola, M
- Bola, T
- Da Graca,
Anniversaries from the champions league
- 16 September 1997: First European game under Arsène Wenger. Paok Salonika 1 Arsenal 0.
- 16 September 1998: Arsenal’s first match in Champions League away to Lens. A 1-1 draw. Arsenal finish third in the league section.
The Untold Books
- How much have Arsenal’s rivals spent on transfers in recent years?
- Why is it becoming so difficult to find a sponsor for new football stadium?
- Corruption flares up again in Italy, as Premier League figures don’t look too clever
- How much does a club have to spend on transfers to get a trophy?
- Does the team that is top after 14 games usually go on to win the league?