By Tony Attwood
Arsenal won the under 19s game against Dinamo Zagreb 2-0. The team was
- Pleguezuelo (C)
Chris Willock and Ben Sheaf scored the goals, to win the under 19s first Uefa Youth League game this season.
Arsenal.com report the first goal thus: “Willock collected the ball just inside Zagreb’s half and left three Croatian defenders in his wake as he burst into the box and found the bottom corner to put Andries Jonker’s side ahead. The tricky midfielder then beat another two players before he was brought down in the box, allowing Sheaf to score from the spot.”
The back four of Tafari Moore, Julio Pleguezuelo, Krystian Bielik and Marc Bola have been playing in the under 21s, and have conceded just three goals in four games for the under-21s this season while the front men have knocked in 11. Hinds got the second goal with four minutes to go.
Oooooooooooospina, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Coquelin, Walcott, Campbell – unless of course Gibbs starts instead of Monreal.
What this team selection and those left at home means is that we do indeed have a squad of some depth – even with the first big injuries now in full swing.
- How much have Arsenal’s rivals spent on transfers in recent years?
- Why is it becoming so difficult to find a sponsor for new football stadium?
- Corruption flares up again in Italy, as Premier League figures don’t look too clever
- How much does a club have to spend on transfers to get a trophy?
- Does the team that is top after 14 games usually go on to win the league?