By Bulldog Drummond
Ahead of this match the Large One who manages Palace said, “When the bell starts ringing you know the time is running out” and who are we to argue with such finery?
Now the factoids
- Crystal Palace have just two wins in league matches against Arsenal. Of the rest they drew nine and lost 22 which was a bit careless really.
- Across the last 12 games against Arsenal the Palatial team has scored six goals.
- Mr Wenger’s run against Palace is rather fine: won 8, drawn 3, lost not a single one.
- And the larger than life one has lost nine of his last 10 Premier League games against Arsene Wenger when not trying to get money out of journalists dressed up as something else and pretending to be running a conference at which the large one will be the keynote speaker with added chips.
- Crystal Palace have an all time record of two consecutive home wins in the Premier League. A win for them today would make that three.
- But a defeat would then grant them the record of becoming the very first team ever to suffer defeat in seven consecutive top-flight home London derbies. Which by and large is about as obscure as you can get.
- Christian Benteke has only scored two of his 11 Premier League goals at home – which leads me to the top scorers.
Three Palace players have scored more than three goals this season in the league:
1: Christian Benteke – 11 in the league, two elsewhere.
2: Wilfried Zaha – 6 in the league
3: James McArthur – 5 in the league.
Meanwhile in our goalscoring camp we have…
Olivier Giroud who has scored five goals as a substitute in the top flight this season, more than any other player. He has also scored in his last three Premier League games at Selhurst Park.
Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv
Our top scorers (three goals plus) are
1: Alexis Sanchez – 18 in the league, four elsewhere
2: Theo Walcott – 10 in the league, nine elsewhere
3: Olivier Giroud – 9 in the league – four elsewhere.
4: Mesut Ozil – 6 in the league, four elsewhere.
And so ultimately the teams. In this regard I am assuming that Pérez remains injured…
Alexis Ozil Walcott
Moreal Mustafi Gabriel Bellerin
and perchance at the seaside beach for which the Crystal Palace region of south London is so well known,
Macey, Gibbs, Ramsey, Coquelin, Iwobi, Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain,