By Tony Attwood
Raul Sanllehi is to join Arsenal as head of football relations: part of the player recruitment team. This follows the appointment of Sven Mislintat as chief scout last week.
Details of this and other changes in the senior staff at Arsenal are given in All change at Arsenal as the background revolution continues and then subsequent to that All change at Arsenal has some interesting implications
The latest moves see Mislintat come in from Borussia Dortmund to replace Steve Rowley, Dick Law take on a consultancy role from America and Huss Fahmy join from Team Sky to focus on contracts.
Sanllehi worked as Barcelona’s director of football for 14 years. He will need to serve out his notice period before starting work at the Emirates in February 2018. The official statement says he will “lead future player negotiations and work alongside manager Arsène Wenger, chief executive Ivan Gazidis and contract negotiator Huss Fahmy. He will also represent and support the club with international and domestic governing bodies.”
- Why is it becoming so difficult to find a sponsor for new football stadium?
- Corruption flares up again in Italy, as Premier League figures don’t look too clever
- How much does a club have to spend on transfers to get a trophy?
- Does the team that is top after 14 games usually go on to win the league?
- How the Taliban infiltrated the World Cup and used it to maintain its war on women