I only get to see Arsenal Ladies occasionally, and sadly this Cup Final was not one that I could make, but it is important to commemorate this event.
The club was formed 21 years ago by Vic Akers who as you know steps down this season.
So far they have won 29 trophies including the UEFA Cup, 3 domestic Trebles, the Premier League 1o times, the League Cup 9 times and with today’s event, the FA Cup 10 times. That includes winning the FA Cup for the last four seasons running.
They also won every single game last season.
The crowds at league matches are small, but this is something we should all be proud of, and we if you ever get a chance to go to a game you should certainly try, in my opinion.
I don’t kid myself that anyone at Arsenal reads anything on the Untold Arsenal blog, but still, just for the record, I’d like to say how much I appreciate everything Vic has done in setting up this time and taking it to the highest levels.
- With Balogun will Arsenal be heading toward goalscoring records
- Everton v Arsenal this saturday lunchtime: just what are Everton playing at?
- What the media doesn’t tell you, part 6. There’s a financial problem…
- The Big 7 clubs, how much they spent and what good is it doing?
- What the media won’t tell you about football 5: Fifa lends money to Switzerland