by Andrew Crawshaw
From premierleague.com here are the officials for this coming weekend
Saturday 24 November
15:00 Brighton v Leicester
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Daniel Cook, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: Roger East
Everton v Cardiff
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Mark Scholes
Fourth official: Kevin Friend
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Steve Bennett
Fourth official: Craig Pawson
Referee: Lee Mason
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Marc Perry
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Andy Halliday
Fourth official: David Coote
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Simon Long
Fourth official: Keith Stroud
17:30 Spurs v Chelsea
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Stephen Child, Lee Betts
Fourth official: Stuart Attwell
Sunday 25 November
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Richard West
Fourth official: David Coote
16:00 Wolves v Huddersfield
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Simon Beck
Fourth official: Paul Tierney
Monday 26 November
20:00 Burnley v Newcastle
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Simon Hooper
Anthony Taylor still the only referee with a game every matchweek, Martin Atkinson one behind on 12 then Michael Oliver and Andre Marriner with 10. At the other end of the scale Simon Hooper and Roger East have just 2 and Graham Scott and David Coote have 3.
There are now 7 teams having had the same referee on three occasions
- Bournemouth – Lee Probert
- Brighton – Chris Kavanagh
- Crystal Palace – Michael Oliver
- Huddersfield – Chris Kavanagh
- Liverpool – Michael Oliver and Paul Tierney
- Spurs – Martin Atkinson
- Watford – Jonathan Moss
On Sunday we have the ‘pleasure’ of Craig Pawson for the first time this season. In terms of having had variety of referees this season, in our league games, we haven’t actually done too badly with 11 in our 13 games, Anthony Taylor and Martin Atkinson being the only two we have seen twice. We are yet to have Mike Dean (Spurs ?), Kevin Friend, Lee Mason, Graham Scott, David Coote and Roger East.
This will be the second Bournemouth home game for Mr Pawson, he was in charge for their 4 – 2 win over Leicester on 15 September. He gave 3 yellow cards against Bournemouth players and a penalty in the 88th minute. Leicester were also given 3 yellow cards plus a second yellow and also had a penalty awarded against them.
So far this season Bournemouth have been called for 68 fouls as the home team (46 away) and we have been called for 62 as an away team (81 at home). Bournemouth have 12 home yellow cards and two home double yellows. We have 7 away yellow cards and nothing worse. Nothing very significant in those numbers
Last season he was in charge of 3 games
- Liverpool v Arsenal 27 August 4 – 0
- Everton v Arsenal 22 Oct 2 – 5 One of our rare away wins
- Arsenal v Stoke 1 April 3 – 0
In 2016/17 we had him twice for two away wins
- Burnley v Arsenal 2 Oct 0 – 1
- West Ham v Arsenal 3 Dec 3 – 1
Our record with him in charge is reasonably good so there isn’t anything for us to be too fearful prior to kickoff. Yellow cards are quite likely for both teams and penalties shouldn’t be ruled out either.
- Are Arsenal to worst openers this season, the foreigners and the injuries
- Arsenal Women – Who might step up to replace our injured players?
- Arsenal’s sponsorship deal with the Emirates was bound to explode one day
- Arsenal v Tottenham update, team news and appalling, flagrant media bias
- Arsenal have benefitted by the world cup break: allegedly.
- Arsenal and Tottenham: which has had the easier ride so far this season?
- Arsenal v Tottenham: not exactly a battle of equals.
- Death by 300,000 passes: how the Arsenal transformation started 2 seasons ago.