Arsenal will of course lose a substantial number of players (according to the media)…
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is going to Chelsea (Mail), Barcelona (Mirror) and nowhere at all (ESPN).
- Mesut Ozil is going to Turkey (Mail) or the USA (Sun).
- Ainsley Maitland Niles is off to Brighton for some time on the beach (Mirror).
- Matteo Guendouzi will be told to go where ever Arsenal need a player in part exchange for a deal to bring in someone else. Barcelona is a prime option (Mail) with Coutinho coming in the other direction.
- Alexandre Lacazette is off to Juventus, Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid (L’Equipe), or nowhere (Evening Standard).
- Sokratis will next be seen in Stuttgart (The Sun)
- Hector Bellerin is off to Juventus (Mirror and Bleacher)
- Kieran Tierney will go to Leicester as he has not settled at Arsenal (Daily Express)
- Lucas Torreira is departing these shores and going to AC Milan (Star)
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan is staying in Rome (Sun) and could be a swap deal for Justin Kluivert
- Nicolas Pepe is going (Bleacher Report) but we are not sure where to.
- Bukayo Saka will leave Arsenal for Liverpool (Star, Mirror)
- Emi Martinez is leaving Arsenal because of his lack of opportunites (Squwaka, Mirror)
This set of moves out (13 all told) will mean that we will be rather short of players for next season and so will quickly need to buy lots and lots. The current favourites are
Abdoulaye Doucoure from Watford (Express).
Ricardo van der Laan – 17-year-old goalkeeper from Belenenses (Sun).
Philippe Coutinho – midfielder from Barcelona (Mirror).
Raul Jimenez – forward from Wolverhampton (Mirror).
Douglas Luiz – Aston Villa midfielder (90 min).
Joelson Fernandes – 17 year old from Sporting Lisbon available for £40m (TSF).
Odsonne Edouard – Celtic forward. (Star).
Malang Sarr – Defender from Nice – not a nice defender as that would be too silly. He’s 21 and available on a free. (Sun).
Samuel Umtiti – Barcelona defender. Barce are bankrupt so willing for him to go on loan (Sun)
Wout Weghorst – Forward from Wolfsburg who was going to go to Newcastle but the lack of a takeover by a repressive regime with no human rights has meant Newcastle can’t afford him, so Arsenal can have him if Auba goes. (Bild, Star).
Danilo Pereira – Porto midfielder (ESPN).
Justin Kluivert – Super agent Mino Raiola is reportedly in talks with both Arsenal and Roma over a potential deal which would see Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Kluivert swap clubs (Daily Star, June 23); Arsenal are interested in signing Roma forward Kluivert as part of a deal that would see Henrikh Mkhitaryan move to the Italian capital permanently.
We will not be buying the heavily tipped
Dayot Upamecano – he has just signed with RB Leipzig.
Thomas Partey – the price for the Atletico Madrid midfielder is too high (Guardian).
And there we are. Better get read quickly, the new season is about to start.
- Arsenal’s finances: another loss but going the right way
- WSL 2022-23 Arsenal v Everton – Match Preview
- Which Arsenal transfer tale is being repeated the most often?
- How much have Arsenal’s rivals spent on transfers in recent years?
- Why is it becoming so difficult to find a sponsor for new football stadium?