by Tony Attwood
As you may have read in the media, some West Ham United supporters have been caught singing an antisemitic song towards a Jewish man on a plane being used by some fans to travel to Belgium.
The club has of course denounced its fans saying, “West Ham United is appalled by the contents of the video circulating on social media and condemn the behaviour of the individuals involved. The club is liaising with the airline and relevant authorities to identify the individuals.
“We continue to be unequivocal in our stance – we have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination. Any individuals identified will be issued with an indefinite ban from the club. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of the football club and we do not welcome any individuals who do not share those values.”
- Arsenal prepare for Watford: the team that foul more than any other in the league.
- How Arsenal avoided the apocalypse and came good this season
- Arsenal preparing for another step up the league table this weekend.
- Arsenal v the team that will present a giant toothbrush to our captain
- Arsenal squad for Europa League game
- The abuse of female footballers is appalling, but there is a wider context
- Why Arsenal v Glimt might be tougher than the game against Tottenham
- Is the team that passes the most, the team that gets the best results?