- How misleading information about Arsenal is spread daily to undermine the club
- What Arsenal need is sustainable progress, and that is what we are getting.
By Bulldog Drummond
I suppose our headline ought to be “Daily Mirror avoids punishment for Mikel Arteta rant but refuses to make any changes” after they ran the headline “Mikel Arteta avoids punishment for Arsenal fixture rant but TV schedule to change.”
But that would be a trifle silly, and a case of reducing us to their level. As if saying that the schedule is a bit tough at the moment is a rant! But such a commentary would make the point that it is managers who can be penalised for speaking out but not newspapers, which always seems a bit imbalanced and unfair to me.
A rant is defined as “speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way” and Mr Arteta can be impassioned but not angry, and his commentary was hardly “at length”.
- Arsenal v Tottenham update, team news and appalling, flagrant media bias
- Arsenal have benefitted by the world cup break: allegedly.
- Arsenal and Tottenham: which has had the easier ride so far this season?
- Arsenal v Tottenham: not exactly a battle of equals.
- Death by 300,000 passes: how the Arsenal transformation started 2 seasons ago.