You will notice how much more all encompassing and thus more effective the defensive midfield has suddenly become, just because of the simple decision to extend the style of naming of Oxlade Chamberlain to other players.
Beached we could have The Ospina, (The Jenkinson), The Gibbs, The Holding, The Elneny, The Iwobi, The Giroud, The Pérez
I have put Jenkinson in brackets, as he must come back to the fold sometime, but I have no idea when, so I am just covering my options.
- Giroud has scored in his last four games against Man City.
- The last six Premier League games between the two have give us 24 goals – an average of four per game.
- Manchester City’s 2-0 win against Watford was the first time they had scored more than one goal during in five games.
- Manchester City have not managed to stop the opposition scoring in two consecutive matches since last March.
- Arsenal haven’t lost consecutive League away games since April 2014: 0-6 v Chelsea and 0-3 v Everton.
- We still haven’t been losing at half time in a League game this season.
- Petr Cech has never gone eight successive games without a clean sheet in the League but he will do if he lets one in today.
- Alexis Sanchez has 12 goals, 5 assists so far this season. Last season his total was 13 goals, 4 assists.
Have a good game.
Manchester Airport vs Arsenal