WORST SUPPORTERS 2007/8: ASTON VILLA
As usual there were votes for Man U with their dreadful pedophilia song, but for sheer awful bad taste and managing to get the whole stadium against them within 30 seconds, the winners must be Aston Villa.
They played Arsenal just after the dreadful assault by Birmingham City on Eduardo, and chose their visit to unleash a disgusting piece about the event.
Within seconds the whole stadium rose in a howl of disgust, and even the dozy stewards realised that what was happening was far beyond the normal level of singing. A significant number of Villa creatures were removed, and the song was not heard again.
It is difficult to imagine anything more appalling or distasteful than those 30 seconds of singing, but it is possible that next year Man U will regain their regular place at the top of the league.
- Which PL clubs foul more than they are fouled?
- The 116 players coming to Arsenal this summer part 2 Jules Kounde to Piotr Zielinski
- The 116 players coming to Arsenal, part 1: Patrick van Aanholt to Tenu Koopmeiners
- Arsenal’s fouls dropped by 22% last season. Did it help?
- The curious case of how the media treats Man C and how it treats Arsenal