Arsenal’s American partners, Colorado Rapids, are top of the Western Conference after beating Real Salt Lake 2-0 in a televised game. They are now two points clear of their nearest rivals, changing their formation to 3-5-2 after a more conventional 4-4-2 in earlier games.
Colorado signed a long-term deal with Arsenal on February 9, 2007, which included the establishment of the Arsenal Center of Excellence at Colorado’s ground and the launch of the Arsenal Cup youth tournament open to American club teams. Colorado conduct part of their preseason training at the Emirates each year.
The club is owned by Stan Kronke who is seen by many shareholders at Arsenal as a bulwark against the activities of Russian investors.
- With Balogun will Arsenal be heading toward goalscoring records
- Everton v Arsenal this saturday lunchtime: just what are Everton playing at?
- What the media doesn’t tell you, part 6. There’s a financial problem…
- The Big 7 clubs, how much they spent and what good is it doing?
- What the media won’t tell you about football 5: Fifa lends money to Switzerland