The Christmas gift for the fan with (almost) everything
By Walter Broeckx
Well the season is not that far under way but still we have had quite a few games that the Untold Referees Panel have reviewed so far. So maybe time to show a few things more visible. So I tried to look at a few things and tried to put them in a graphic. As such a things shows a bit more and gives us a clearer sight on things.
If I say we get around 73% of the calls against us this season and Manchester United only 35,62% then this is just some numbers in text. And it also doesn’t tell how we do it compared to other teams. And the question if there are other teams who even have a worse record?
So I tried to put this in a more visible graphic. And so I can give you the score of the wrong calls against the teams. By this we mean, the percentage of ref decisions that wrongly go against the team.
As you will see there is no mention of Aston Villa and QPR. The reason is simply because up till now we didn’t have the chance to review any match with those teams. Probably they haven’t played any top teams yet.
Some teams only have one game in this table. Newcastle from the game against us in which they had a very favourable ref. And on the other hand the top team (believe me no team wants to be top in this league table) Wolves with a 100% score things going against them was only from one game. At Liverpool.
Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv
If we take the teams that have a score between 40% and 60% we have the teams that could say (for the moment) that things even out. For now. And in this range we have Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Sunderland, Swansea, Bolton, and Fulham. Those are the teams that had some good things going their way. And some bad things going against them. But at the end of the day it evened out for them.
Getting more than 60% of the calls against you is bad. It means that things don’t even out. And amongst the teams that so far can have some reason to complain we have Wolverhampton with all going against them. But only based on one game as said before. So we have to be careful with this. WBA and Everton also had reason to complain.
As can Arsenal with 73% of the wrong decisions going against them. Norwich and Wigan are also on the wrong end of the table.
So who is getting the best of the wrong calls? Well so far Newcastle and Blackburn can feel very happy. Newcastle is based on only one game so far (against Arsenal – surprise…) and Blackburn based on 2 games (one against Arsenal – surprise, surprise…)
And then we have two teams based on more games. And Stoke and Manchester United are certainly amongst the refs favourites this season. They are on the good side of the wrong calls from the refs. I wonder if the numbers of Stoke will go even more down after next weekend? Because the lower the score the better for the team involved.
Well we can hope that things start to even out from next weekend. Because we have a lot of wrong calls going to go our way before we can say: it evens out at the end of the season.
And that of course is the key: the people who deny that there is any bias in refereeing in the Premier League always use the argument that it evens out in the end. This season we will see if it does.
- REF REVIEW: Bolton v Chelsea – a perfect case of utter bias
- MARSEILLE PREVIEW: Marseilles, Lorient, Lyon review
- COACHING: Do we need a defensive coach or not
- REF REVIEW: Arsenal v Sunderland
- MATCH REVIEW: Three go missing at the Emirates
- REF WATCH: “Anything can happen in the next 2 hours” (It’s Howard Webb Again)
- PREVIEW: Arsenal vs. Sunderland
- HISTORY: This almost certainly isn’t the 125th year of Arsenal
- STADIA: The Olympic Stadium Fiasco – a Tiny Tott Perspective
- Untold History…Untold Media … Untold Ref Reviews …
- Untold Economics … Untold Corruption … Untold Wenger …
- Untold News … Untold Fifa … Untold Players … Untold Injuries
- Untold Statistics … Untold Tactics … Untold 2011/2 …
- Untold match reviews … Untold fans …
- Untold Stadia … Untold Literature …
- Untold humour …Arsenal History Society … “Making the Arsenal” …
- Untold Emirates … Arsenal Independent Supporters Association