15 October 2009
“‘If people are stupid enough to shout abuse when I go back [to Portsmouth] they need their heads looking at.”
16 October 2009
“I know some idiots will try to have a go.”
17 October 2009,
The Sun: “Harry Redknapp has let rip on the eve of his explosive return to Fratton Park. ‘The phone calls hurt. They were from sickos. People said ‘I hope you get cancer’. They are not human beings. They need help.”
18 October 2009
“The fans were as good as gold. Absolutely lovely. It all just got hyped up out of nothing.”
22 October 2009
“I was born on the planet Zorg and am here on a sacred mission to destroy all the football clubs I can. West Ham – bust. Southampton – deducted 10 pints, sorry points. Portsmouth – a laughing stock among laughing stock. I dont know what you call that, but I call it success.”
28 October 2009
“David Bentley is a great player and that’s why I have let him rot in the reserves for 2 years.”
29 October 2009
My mother could have scored that goal that Merida got.
Editor’s note: I have not been able to check the validity of every statement here but some of them are certainly true.
- Everton v Arsenal: a happy video, line-up and what the league table will look like after
- Everton v Arsenal: Injuries, points needed for 4th, and Arsenal the first to 100?
- Everton v Arsenal: extraordinary figures seen in the last 6 games table
- Everton v Arsenal: how this referee treats the home and away team
- Everton v Arsenal and the oddity of referee behaviour