Barca need to buy players, and have a vested interest in unsettling the players of teams they might meet in the Champions League. The President has to keep the fans happy after a disastrous season, the manager’s gone, and Cesc’s performance in the Euros is rubbing their noses in it.
I’d say it was a dead cert that Barca would do the sort thing they have been doing with Adebayor for their own benefit, and with nothing to do with Ade.
Milan need to buy players, in order to deflect from the disaster of having to play in the Diddly Widdly Cup against the Tiny Totts and others of the same ilk. The owner has to keep the fans happy after a disastrous season, the local rivals have been doing great, and Cesc’s performance in the Euros is rubbing their noses in the fact that we beat them 2-0 at their place.
These are surely enough reasons as to why Milan and Barca will pick on an Arsenal player as an 80% transfer target to meet their own ends.
Oh and by the way, he’s just said he’s staying.
- Everton v Arsenal: a happy video, line-up and what the league table will look like after
- Everton v Arsenal: Injuries, points needed for 4th, and Arsenal the first to 100?
- Everton v Arsenal: extraordinary figures seen in the last 6 games table
- Everton v Arsenal: how this referee treats the home and away team
- Everton v Arsenal and the oddity of referee behaviour