Barca need to buy players, and have a vested interest in unsettling the players of teams they might meet in the Champions League. The President has to keep the fans happy after a disastrous season, the manager’s gone, and Cesc’s performance in the Euros is rubbing their noses in it.
I’d say it was a dead cert that Barca would do the sort thing they have been doing with Adebayor for their own benefit, and with nothing to do with Ade.
Milan need to buy players, in order to deflect from the disaster of having to play in the Diddly Widdly Cup against the Tiny Totts and others of the same ilk. The owner has to keep the fans happy after a disastrous season, the local rivals have been doing great, and Cesc’s performance in the Euros is rubbing their noses in the fact that we beat them 2-0 at their place.
These are surely enough reasons as to why Milan and Barca will pick on an Arsenal player as an 80% transfer target to meet their own ends.
Oh and by the way, he’s just said he’s staying.
- What takes clubs up and down the league: attack or defence?
- Referee Extremism: the situation in Spain and in England
- Didn’t appreciate KO time, M1 is a disaster, but watching Arsenal is a joy
- Arsenal v Newcastle: the team and league positons AFTER the game.
- Arsenal v Newcastle: injuries, yellow cards and recent form