Hleb to Barca for £15 million. That’s a £5 million pound profit.
Adebayor to Milan for £25 million. That’s a £21 million pound profit.
You have to wonder, what is Arsenal going to do with the profit? We’ve already given detailed analysis of the finances of the club to show that the turnover at the Ems has doubled that at Highbury, and that doubling more than pays for the mortgage – with quite a bit to spare. In fact, as was pointed out, the money taken from the club level and the boxes pays for Ems mortgage.
So we have spare dosh there. And another load of spare fivers from all these sales. What are we going to do with it all?
- Arsenal’s finances: another loss but going the right way
- WSL 2022-23 Arsenal v Everton – Match Preview
- Which Arsenal transfer tale is being repeated the most often?
- How much have Arsenal’s rivals spent on transfers in recent years?
- Why is it becoming so difficult to find a sponsor for new football stadium?