Hleb to Barca for £15 million. That’s a £5 million pound profit.
Adebayor to Milan for £25 million. That’s a £21 million pound profit.
You have to wonder, what is Arsenal going to do with the profit? We’ve already given detailed analysis of the finances of the club to show that the turnover at the Ems has doubled that at Highbury, and that doubling more than pays for the mortgage – with quite a bit to spare. In fact, as was pointed out, the money taken from the club level and the boxes pays for Ems mortgage.
So we have spare dosh there. And another load of spare fivers from all these sales. What are we going to do with it all?
- Why the media’s new statistical analyses of football is just a trick to stop you noticing what’s going on
- Yesterday’s game: how Arsenal won, and where the journalists got things wrong
- Brentford v Arsenal: past exploits and the Arsenal team news
- French authorities issue arrest warrant over awarding of World Cup to Qatar
- Brentford v Arsenal: the history and the build up, with some extraordinary odds