Kieran Gibbs suffered the ignominy of having to play with a bunch of players of clearly lower levels of ability as England under 18s were slaughtered by the Czech Republic, who managed to stroll to a 2-0 victory despite have only 9 men for the last 10 minutes.
Gibbs must have wondered what was going on as England played to a level far below the standard he normally sees in the Arsenal Reserves.
Surely there must come a time when the clubs have the ability to protect their players from low-level nonsense like this, which can only harm their development – or worse lead to injury.
- WSL 2022-23 Arsenal v Everton – Match Preview
- Which Arsenal transfer tale is being repeated the most often?
- How much have Arsenal’s rivals spent on transfers in recent years?
- Why is it becoming so difficult to find a sponsor for new football stadium?
- Corruption flares up again in Italy, as Premier League figures don’t look too clever