By Tony Attwood
Thanks for everyone for the goodwishes. I feel a bit of a fraud – it was just a bug, and I slept for about 24 hours.
Anyway I’ve struggled up to the computer complete with pint mug of water, just to see what new year’s eve holds in store.
The papers are focussing on Morgan Schneiderlin and William Carvalho as played we might bring in… Winston Reid also is on the list.
But Newcastle United who seem not to have a fully focussed manager at the moment are “snubbing” (what a funny word) a £9 million bid Arsenal are “believed” to have put for French midfielder Moussa Sissoko. But the owner of Newcastle is a man who is concerned for profit above honours so given that Sissoko was signed from Toulouse for £1.8m in 2013 he might take the money and waddle.
What none of them mention is that with a spot of luck we might have Theo, Ramsey, Ozil, and Arteta joining us soon. Now that’s £100m of signing.
Oh yes and the whole defence is available for the Southampton match.
- Arsenal v Wolverhampton: their problems with fouls and cards, and the team
- Arsenal v Wolverhampton: the club that gets cards at over twice the rate of Arsenal
- Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers: where will each team finish?
- Arsenal v Lens: what we found, what we felt, what they did
- Arsenal v Lens: the team, the home/away form and the strange coincidences