By Tony Attwood
It seems I haven’t done my homework, and not for the first time. I really had thought Damien Martinez was still very much on the up, but it appears he is out of contract this summer – not the sign of a man who is staying. Ah well, shows what I know. It might be best not to read on…
Mathieu Flamini and Abou Diaby are out of contract also, with Diaby being talked about in terms of money for games, while Flamini will move on. Did you know Flamini has never had a transfer fee, but has always let each contract run down?
Not sure how Diaby fits into the “25” on such a basis, but I suppose he will take up a slot if we don’t use up all 25 places.
So who else might be moving on? Well, mostly we have to work on a load of Independent generated nonsense as usual
Mikel Arteta is out of contract and there were rumours on Sky he had signed back in April, but seemingly not. However all the signs are that he is wanted for one more year.
- What every football club (and most certainly Arsenal) is aiming for.
- The apparent decline of Tottenham and the question of care for players elsewhere
- Positive injury news for Arsenal ahead Monday’s game with Sheffield United
- Arsenal’s finances stay secure but we can expect more price rises for fans
- How a 14th monk described Arsenal’s failure to buy Moisés Caicedo and Mykhailo Mudryk