As for the team, we still have fitness issues with Per Mertesacker (virus) and Laurent Koscielny (back problems) for their trip. Koscielny might play, but Paulista and Chambers are the replacements in waiting.
So I would guess, and working the other way up for a change…
Sanchez Ozil Ramsey
Monreal Koscielny Gabriel Bellerin
Not that there is a beach in Newcastle but if there were I would expect to find some of Oooooospina, Debuchy, Gibbs, Chambers, Mertesacker, Arteta, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Walcott lurking there upon.
Apart from the centre back issue the latest on the injury front is Welbeck (12 Sep), Wilshere (19 Sep), Rosicky (no date for his return). The missing players for Newcastle, are Dummett, Riviere, Marveaux, Good, Sissoko and de Jong (the last two rated doubtful)
- Arsenal Women v Tottenham Hotspur Women match preview
- What every football club (and most certainly Arsenal) is aiming for.
- The apparent decline of Tottenham and the question of care for players elsewhere
- Positive injury news for Arsenal ahead Monday’s game with Sheffield United
- Arsenal’s finances stay secure but we can expect more price rises for fans