I laid my cards on the table, put myself on the line, laid my body on the tracks, and generally risked ridicule.
After a lot of Untold readers had previously written in and said that the new UEFA regs on financial doping would hit the dust, they went through unmolested.
UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, submitted to the committee now enters the football rule book.
Michel Platini said: “The philosophy is that you cannot spend more money than you generate.”
The chairman of the European Club Association, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, said: “This really is a huge achievement. On behalf of the European Club Association, I would like to thank UEFA and especially Michel Platini for his initiative that goes, I believe, in the right direction.”
The full UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, edition 2010, will be published in June. Clubs will be assessed on a risk basis, taking into account debts and salary levels, as well as the following main pillars:
• Break-even requirement – clubs must not spend more than they generate over a period of time
• No overdues payable during the season – towards other clubs, employees and/or social/tax authorities
• Provision of future financial information – to ensure clubs can meet their future obligations.
So that’s that. But actually UEFA went on and talked some more…
Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv
The UEFA Executive Committee also agreed to propose to FIFA a further two years of experimentation with two extra additional assistant referees, and that the trails take place in
- the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League as of the play-offs (the last qualifying round before the group stage),
- the UEFA Europa League as from the group stage,
- the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying phase and final tournament,
- the 2010 UEFA Super Cup
And just in case you thought it was all getting nice and simple, try this one…
“For the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying competition, the 51 participating teams have been drawn into six groups of six teams and three groups of five teams. The nine group winners and the best runner-up will qualify directly for the final tournament. The additional four sides that will participate in the finals will be determined by play-off games between the eight remaining runners-up.”
Other decisions taken by UEFA
• The final-round match schedule for the UEFA European Under-21 Championship, 2009-11 competition, was amended to start on Saturday 11 June 2011, instead of Sunday 12 June, allowing for an additional rest day between matchdays 2 and 3
• The UEFA European Under-21 Championship, 2009-11 competition, play-off and final draw procedures, to take place this year on 10 September in Herning and on 9 November in Aalborg, Denmark, respectively
• Regulations of the UEFA European Under-19 Championship, 2010/11 competition
• Regulations of the UEFA European Under-17 Championship, 2010/11 competition
• Regulations of the UEFA European Women’s Under-19 Championship, 2010/11 competition
• Regulations of the UEFA European Women’s Under-17 Championship, 2010/11 competition
• Regulations of the UEFA European Futsal Championship, 2011/12 competition
The announcement of the host association of UEFA EURO 2016 to be made at 13.00CET on Friday. (Yawn)
Want to comment? I know its all a bit pedantic but Please read this first
Want more Arsenal stuff from totally committed absolute supporters? Click herewith and enter therein (as it were)
Imagine an Arsenal manager changing the entire first XI. Impossible? No it actually happened. This is it.
Want want want? Well you could always read a book.