It was one of those moments – one of the greatest evenings of football from the team that all the journalists save one said would struggle, end up in mid-table, and drift out of Europe.
Arsene Wenger is now repeating the story: everything we do is way beyond the expectations of the media – for this is the year when Tottenham would scream into 4th place and Arsenal would implode.
Instead here we are. March 4. Arsenal top of the league. Arsenal beat AC Milan at the San Siro 0-2 with the most amazing display of attacking football seen in Europe this year.
Milan played the game as if Arsenal’s passion in the first leg would quickly ebb away – and when it didn’t they had nothing left. And, amazingly, this was all done without Eduardo, without Van Persie, without Toure, without Rosicky.
Those last three are due back any day now – Van Persie was on the bench today although not used, and that could well be the push that we need to complete an amazing double. In the year when we would slip down the league and just drift out of Europe, we could be on for a Europe+EPL double.
We beat the holders of the European Cup. This was Absolute Football.
- Villa boss unhappy with his supporters at Arsenal
- Arsenal fans upset at Villa antics
- Its the earliest ever St Totteringham Day for Arsenal fans
- Journalists try to cover their Arsenal / Tottenham error
- Arsenal fans action against “Kick Arsenal” culture among EPL clubs
- Everton v Arsenal: a happy video, line-up and what the league table will look like after
- Everton v Arsenal: Injuries, points needed for 4th, and Arsenal the first to 100?
- Everton v Arsenal: extraordinary figures seen in the last 6 games table
- Everton v Arsenal: how this referee treats the home and away team
- Everton v Arsenal and the oddity of referee behaviour