by Tony Attwood
Yes, for all those moaning whatnots who complain about the price of going to the Arsenal it looks like being another £10 to see the club play Brentford in the League Cup, unless the club has changed its policy.
Brentford are not exactly high flyers on away form
|9||West Bromwich Albion||3||1||1||1||5||5||0||4|
But they catch up a bit when home form is added to give the full league table and in that scenario they move up to 8th.
Here is the draw. West Ham could be in trouble and Liverpool v Chelsea will of course be utterly genteel and nice. As will Millwall v Fulham.
- West Brom vs Crystal Palace
- Arsenal vs Brentford
- Burton Albion vs Burnley
- Wycombe Wanderers vs Norwich City
- Oxford United vs Manchester City
- West Ham United vs Macclesfield Town
- Millwall vs Fulham
- Liverpool vs Chelsea
- Bournemouth vs Blackburn Rovers
- Preston North End vs Middlesbrough
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Leicester City
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Watford
- Blackpool vs Queens Park Rangers
- Everton vs Southampton
- Manchester United vs Derby County
- Nottingham Forest vs Stoke City
Meanwhile according to the irrepressible Canon “Julio Pleguezuelo joined the Arsenal first-team squad for training on Wednesday, in a sign that his impressive academy performances might get him senior chances this season.
“Arsenal made no attempts to hide the fact that Pleguezuelo was getting involved with the senior side on Wednesday, posting a couple of pictures of the 21-year-old on the club website.”
Yes well, I am not sure they were planning to hide anything anyway.
But it raises the point will Mr Emery follow Mr Wenger’s lead of giving the young players a chance in these games so that we can all see what they can do. In addition to Plego, Litchsteiner could come in to hold the defence together, Holding, Mavrapanos, and/or Jenkinson might get a chance to show what they can do.
Elneny and Maitland Niles should also be there along with Bramall, Smith-Rowe, Willock. I think Nelson is on loan. Not sure if Eddie is going on loan – if not he’ll lead the line I imagine.
Should be fun. I think I shall buy my seat, assuming the regs are the same as last year.
- Arsenal attacking problems… what attacking problems?
- Men’s football returns at last: Arsenal in action this afternoon
- Is the injury to Gabriel Jesus equivalent to the assault on Eduardo in 2008?
- Womens Champions League Arsenal Women v Juventus – the match preview
- It never rains but the journalists want Arsenal to drown in a mess of their own making