- Arsenal v West Ham. The referee and recent games between the two.
- Arsenal v West Ham: what the pundits predicted for WHU and what happened
By Bulldog Drummond
And so as the negatives and implied negative pour in from all sides (Arsenal must buy big and go all-out for the title – this chance may not come again is just the latest, suggesting as that headline does that Arsenal’s five point lead is down to chance, or the bad form of others, but absolutely not due to clever transfer moves, a brilliant youth policy, and/or a genius manager who has been working at this since he first came to the club.
For while Untold has tracked such matters as the reduction of tackling, and hence the move away from being the most carded team to one of the least, the media focuses on Arsenal only being at the top because of the failure of others. But then the piece was written by Jamie Carragher so we should expect nothing else.
The big media focus is of course on Eddie, and at last a few of the media people are recognising that Arsenal have NOT lost their top goal scorer, although they are still finding it hard to grasp the difference between the Manchester City approach and Arsenal approach.
The table of the top 20 scorers in the league (and not in all competitions, just in the league) includes three Arsenal players, and two each from Manchester City, Newcastle, Liverpool, and Leicester.
Of course we all know that Haaland is top, and he is a remarkable player, liable to break all sorts of records – a very rare player indeed. But just consider this: having players in the top 20 scorers can be very helpful but is not a guarantee of success. Leicester have two such, and are 13th in the league.
What Arsenal have is three players in the top 20 goal scorers in the league this season (figures from the Premier League’s official site)
|16.||Alexis Mac Allister|
- Is the PL getting harder to win, and who expects to be in the top four in 2024?
- Arsenal and Tottenham: two styles, two approaches, different results
- Just how revolutionary is the Arsenal side we are now seeing?
- Fifa’s WC depravity knows no bounds. If you agree, avoid all their sponsors
- 8 Arsenal men in most valuable players list, and which stadia had spare seats in 2022/3?
One Reply to “Arsenal v West Ham – why the main issue tonight is not Eddie”
Villa is currently doing their level best to make ‘pool look like world beaters. Their play out of the back looks like a 5 yr old juggling greased eggs…every touch is an adventure.